Monday, October 25, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

What a Monday. And a rainy day. Cue the Carpenter’s soundtrack, which by the way I did haha.
            School wasn’t too bad today, and work was fun, like always. I was lucky enough to make it to my mom’s yoga class. I really love it when I do yoga with my mom, and I wish I did it more often. It’s true what she said tonight in class that the hard part is getting there, not the actual yoga itself. The last two times I’ve been to my mom’s class, she’s made it really fun for me. During Savasana, when she comes and adjusts each of students, she gets to me and finishes. The she touches my eyes and my heart. I didn’t even have to ask after the first time she did it what she meant. Tonight during class we were doing half-moons with partners and as my mom and I were doing it, one of her students called us cute, and I know it’s not a big deal and it might make some teenage girls cringe be called cute as a pair with their mom. Just in the past year, it’s so crazy to see how far my mom and I have come. More on this subject some other time, I’m becoming verklempt (I love that words, especially around my aunt Val) J.
I’m watching Hoarders right now and it really makes me want to go pick up my room. It also makes me grateful yet again to have such good parents. Tomorrow I have a meeting with my advisor to figure out how I can squeeze 16 hours into 5 days a week and get me to work at 3. Ha… Today we watched part of Monty Python and the Holy Grail in my English class. I love that class. My professor, Dr. Angela Cox, is awesome. She just knows how to get us to talk and get us interested, and frankly that’s half the battle with most students, if you ask me.
I guess this really wasn’t a bad Monday really; the weather and the day just fit the song title all too well. Alright, early morning run tomorrow before class so it’s time to wrap this up. Thanks for reading, and I don’t know if this is even an option but leave some comments or suggestions or whatever you feel like leaving. J Thanks! Wish me luck on shaving off these last 4 seconds of my run!

"A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart." -Author Unknown
"A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a friend."  -Author Unknown

This one gets two quotes just because :)

No comments:

Post a Comment