Friday, October 22, 2010

The Beginning

Hey everyone! This is my first legitimate blog, so this is kind of exciting. Thanks for checking this out, I hope you enjoy it :)
        This blog will mostly be surrounding the goings-on in my life and how I am applying them to my future. I figure if you live how you want to live, that's how it will be. Like the saying, "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have." So I guess I'll start with a little bit about myself.
        I am a freshman at ICC, our community college here in town. So far it's pretty good here as far as classes and my education are concerned, but as for the social aspect of it all...well, it's community college. But hey, I have plenty of time for the social parts of life later on..haha. I came into this school not really sure of what I wanted to major in, nonetheless what I wanted to do with the rest of my life, but I just completed a career class that pointed me towards the medical field. Coincidentally, I am currently employed at KP Chiropractic and Acupuncture on Willow Knolls Road. I love it there and it has really opened up some new doors for me. My bosses are so great and every day that I go in to work, I'm happy about it, which is more than a lot of people can say about their jobs. I think this job came at the perfect time for me because just as I am realizing that similar work done there is a possibility for my own career choice, I am getting hands on experience.
        I am also in training for the Chicago Marathon next October, and it's a good thing too because I'm going to need all that time and more to be ready for it haha. My genius friend Matt Carlberg and I decided that we wanted to train for this out of the blue, so for the past two months we have been running every day, give or take a few days :) and already I have noticed a change in my eating habits, sleeping habits, and my tendency to think about everyday activities in relation to how it will affect my run that day. I’m excited to see how I progress over these next few months.
Well, it just kind of dawned on me that I'm the boss of this whole blog thing and I can be done whenever I want, so for now I think I'll come to a close, and I look forward to writing more for you guys. Feel free to check of my Facebook page too. Thanks for reading! 


"'There are only two way to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." -Albert Einstein

1 comment:

  1. (Psst, I saw you today :) it's spencer) and I had no idea you were employed at KP Chiropractic and Acupuncture. We obviously have to catch up.

    ReplyDelete